Bed Bugs Treatment
After a long day’s work, what do you expect? Good food and sound sleep. Right? But the person whose house is affected by bed bugs may not get the pleasure of a silent night. This is because of the bed bugs. Bed bugs are considered to be the most annoying creatures especially seen at night. They feed on their host’s blood and live a life of a parasite.
They belong to the family of Cimicidae which includes insects that depend on their host for food. They are known as bed bugs because of the fact that they are mostly found on the beds, sofas, cushions, pillows, etc. They become active at night and feed on human blood. They can also cause infections and can spread diseases. Hence it becomes necessary to know about the bed bugs treatment which can help you to get rid of them.
If your house is invaded by a female bed bug then you are in great trouble. A female bed bug is capable of producing 300 eggs at a time. This means that if a one-bed bug enters the house it can make the conditions serious and critical. Bed bugs cannot fly as they are wingless but they can travel 100 feet and can hide themselves to come out at the right time.
They are hidden in the daytime and come out only at night. They inject their pointed mouth inside their host’s skin and suck blood. While sucking blood they inject an anticoagulant inside their host’s blood which maintains a proper flow of blood. This anticoagulant may cause infections and may even spread diseases. You can notice bed bug bite as small red swelling, inflamed and itchy red patches. Bed bug bite shows different reactions in different people according to their immune system. So, let’s find out how to get rid of bed bugs naturally and safely.
Treating Bed Bugs
Getting rid of bed bugs is not an easy job. Killing the ones which are visible will merely affect their number. You need to check them deep inside the cracks of furniture, bedding and even small holes and cracks on the floor. They live there and it’s difficult to get them out. You need to kill them completely. Not even a single egg or larvae should remain behind as it may result in their regrowth. The following are some of the tips on bed bug removal.
- The most important thing to keep in mind and to get rid of bed bugs is to keep your house clean. If you get bed bugs then remove all the furniture and clean the house with the help of a good detergent. Then clean the furniture and keep them out in the sun.
- Remove all the bedding and furnishing. Dip all of them into hot water or wash them at a very high temperature. This will kill all the bugs inside the furnishing. Clean the furniture with the help of a vacuum cleaner. The vacuum cleaner is very helpful in removing the bugs, eggs, and larvae. Dispose of them away from the house or burn them up.
- You can spray rubbing alcohol on the furniture, beds, mattress, etc. This will kill the bed bug as soon as they come in contact with it. This is not a permanent solution but is very helpful if you do it daily till you completely get rid of them.
- One of the most effective bed bugs treatment at home is to keep all the affected items out in the sun. Keep all the furniture, clothes, furnishing, etc. out in the sun for at least 2-3 days. The bed bugs cannot survive in extreme hot and extreme cool temperatures. Hence, this heat treatment works and is very effective. You can also keep all the cleaned and treated items out in the sun for 2-3 days which will minimize the chances of the return of bed bugs.
- You can spray pesticides or bed bug repellent spray all over your house as it is also an effective treatment for bed bugs. Do not spray them directly on the mattress and sofa, as your child may come in contact with it. These pesticides are harmful to health hence if you use this method to get rid of the bed bugs you need to be more careful. Get the pesticides which are specially meant for the bed bugs.
- If you don’t want to clean your house yourself or if the problem is too big for you to handle then contact a professional pest controller. Although this will increase the bed bugs treatment cost, it will be very effective as the pest control team guarantees you a clean and bed bug-free house.
Then above given bed bug treatments are quite effective in giving you relief from the danger of bed bug. Thorough cleaning of the house, washing clothes in hot water after returning from travel, keeping your bedding, furniture, and furnishing regularly in the sun will help you to get rid of this nuisance. So, get the problem of bed bugs away from you and your family and have a sound sleep.